Our Local Road Rides
Stop by for a brochure with maps like these, and lots of useful information inside.
Or for more information, contact the Spartanburg County Planning Dept.
Hillcrest/Pacolet Mills Tour
Directions Starting and ending at Bike Worx. All intersections have white arrows like )------ > painted on asphalt.
Our Local Mountain Bike Trails
Palmetto Trails of Spartanburg County
Directions from Interstate 26
1. From Interstate 26 traveling westbound, take exit 44 (From Interstate 26 traveling eastbound, take exit 38) to Cross Anchor and then travel north on SC 49 for approximately 2.5 miles to the intersection with Blackstock Road (SR-51). At this intersection, you will note a historical marker pointing to the Blackstock Battlefield.
2. Turn left onto Blackstock Road and travel 1.3 miles to an intersection with Battlefield Road on the right.
3. Follow Battlefield Road 0.7 mile to a Y-intersection, where you will veer left onto Monument Road.
4. The Palmetto Trail trailhead is approximately one mile down Monument Road on the left.
1. Follow SC 56 east passing Croft State Park and eventually a bridge over the Tyger River.
2. Turn left onto East Blackstock Road and follow to a historical marker for Blackstock Battlefield at the intersection with Battlefield Road.
3. Follow directions from #3 above.
Blue Wall Passage of Landrum
Cowpens National Battlefield in Cherokee County, SC
Directions: From I-85 Exit 83, east of Spartanburg, drive north on SC 110. Drive 6 miles and turn right on SC 11. The entrance is .5 mile on the right. Pick up a map at the Visitor Center and drive to the picnic area. The trail is on the left, just past the group shelter. This is also a great place to ride on the paved loop.
Dupont State Forest near Caesar's Head in North Carolina
Lynch's Woods of Newberry
From Exit 76 on I-26, near
Newberry, drive toward Newberry on SC 219 to the intersection with US 76/SC 34.
Turn left, and drive to the traffic light where SC 34 splits to the right. The
entrance to Lynches Woods is at a large sign on the left.
Over Mountain Victory Trail (Lake Welchel) of Cherokee County - Gaffney, SC
Paris Mountain State Park Greenville, SC
Directions: From downtown Greenville, drive north on US 25/276 and turn right onto SC 253. At the traffic light bear left to continue on SC 253. Drive for 2.5 miles and turn left onto State Park Road (Greenville County S-23-344). The park entrance is on the left. Enter the park and drive approximately 2.5 miles to the loop near Buckhorn Gate and park on the left.
Southside Park of Croft State Natural Area - Spartanburg, SC Approximately 14 miles of single track ranging from easy to difficult skill levels.
Directions: From I-85 exit onto 585 Pine Street. Head south towards Downtown Spartanburg. Turn right at Wendy's onto Henry Street. Go approximately 1/2 mile, turn left at Ricky's Drive Inn onto Hwy 56 Union Street, continue down Union Street for several miles. Turn left onto Groce Road (which will be 2.8 miles past the main entrance to Croft State Natural Area). There will be a sign that reads Southside Park. Follow Groce Road until it dead ends into the Parking Lot. Trail head has kiosk and all intersections have a 'You are here' map.
Western North Carolina Trail Systems